Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I love reading other's blogs

Do you ever start trolling websites and start reading other's blogs? Something catches your eye and the next thing you know that hours have gone by?

I get my inspiration from seeing projects of others.  Unfortunately (Is baolach... ) usually I don't see anything to fit the 90+ types of yarn I have in my stash!  Blast!

I recently wanted to start a new project because all the ones I have on needles remind me too much of Kitty.  So, I saw this on Ravelry pattern page and thought it was just great!

Viajante by Martina Behm
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/viajante

 I was jonesin to visit a LYS and went to google maps and saw there was one in Lamberville - but alas, google had not updated that this shop has closed, boo hoo :-(
I saw then that there was a shop in Yardley, PA, so I went on over.  Y-Knot Knit is a lovely shop.  She has a nice collection of yarn including some lovelies from Shibui.

I had NO BUSINESS buying more yarn, but I spied some Juniper Moon Farm Findley in red and thought, I don't have 1700 yards of one lace weight in my stash... 60 bucks later I am ready to cast on Viajante.  I joyfully cast on!

Needless to say, I have cast on three more times and last night I had to rip back all the rows I managed to knit from 6:30 to 8:00.  Ugh.  There is a center increase that is tricky, the marker keeps moving so you have to move it back every row.  Once it is deeper in you might be able to just see the stitch.  We shall see.  There are 1700 yards of center increases to work so we shall see how this goes.

Irish of the week you ask?  Learning the consonants and how to ask if there is anything new - An bhruil aon scéal agasta? 

We also learned that gob struck comes from the word gob which was adapted from Gaelic in a way.  "Shut your gob" etc.  béal means mouth. FYI

go dtí an chéad uair eile
(Until next time...)
Fionnuir

2 comments:

  1. you have to check out "The World of Relief" ...yes I am still trying to bring you to the dark side (printmaking).
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Too much art, so little time. Darned work gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete