Saturday, March 30, 2013

You gotta know when to fold em....

So, how many times is too many for starting a project you ask????
Is it me?
Why can't I comprehend the flow of this oh so simple scarf??

Is's garter stitch for cryin out loud!!!!!

This lovely scarf, who shall be nameless (from my last post) is giving me hell. I want it to work so badly. I love the idea of this beautiful piece.

How many starts you ask?? I think it is FIVE! I have not even gotten to the join round part.

Here's my issue. I want to use her instructions for the special M1. Why not follow the designers instruction I say? Besides the other M1 is a pain with all the twisting of yarn. Problem is with that method the stitch marker doesn't stay put. So, you either move it (PIA) or try to see the look of the center stitch and hit it correctly every other row. Ya, I guess that might be considered lazy if you want it to turn out right. I guess I'm just a convenience type of crafter. I can eyeball a 1/4" see with stunning accuracy when sewing a quilt. (decades of practice).

I admit it! I AM A SHORTCUT JUNKIE. Computers (tell me why I should mouse click, FILE, PRINT, OKAY; when i can hit CTRL P???), sewing and I guess now, knitting.

What will happen with my Viajante you ask? Her fate has yet to be determined. After all I am a determined knitter. The yarn was hand picked for this project. So, "yet to be determined" is where our relationship stands.

feicfidh mé go luath sibh
(See you soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment