Thursday, March 21, 2013

Knitting has sadness attached to it :-(

Alas it has been a few weeks since my last post and my last knitting time.

I lost my dear precious Kitty (cat). 

She and I were thick as thieves.  She was a sweet sweet girl with the patience of a saint and a bite that said "I own you, now love me and go to sleep."

Since CJ went off to college and moved out on her own, she found her way in my bed and on my lap for the past 5 years.  She was my protector and my knitting partner.  No matter where she was in the house, the minute I pick up my needles, regardless of the room or chair I was sitting in, she was staring up at me waiting for me to say "up, up, up" and make room on my lap.

The grief was insurmountable at first. I would have never believed it had someone told me I would feel this way.

After a few weeks I try to think of the good things, knowing that she is no longer feeling poorly and that across the rainbow bridge she is healthy, happy and playing with a green ball (her quote not mine).

I talk to her all the time and call her to bed every night and sometimes the tingle on my legs assures me that I am loved and not alone.

Precious girl, give me the strength to go back to knitting without being sad for you not sitting on my lap. I love you very much!  Mommy.

1 comment: